This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help customise your experience.
What are cookies?
‘Cookies’ are tiny text files that are stored by the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari) when you visit our website. Most big websites or internet service providers do this too.
Cookies allow our site to remember your preferences and play an important role in making the site work better for you. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the website, enabling it to recognise a user and respond appropriately.
A visit to our website may generate the following types of cookie:
Cookies set by our site
Third Party and Analytics cookies
Cookies created by Matomo start with:
mtm_consent, mtm_consent_removed and mtm_cookie_consent: to track consent
matomo_ignore, when you exclude yourself from being tracked (opt-out)
matomo_sessid, when you use the opt-out feature. It is important to note that this cookie doesn’t contain any data used to identify visitors and is considered an “Essential” cookie
We track the following using Matomo unless you opt out:
- Anonymised user IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Screen resolution being used
- Time in your timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked
- Pages generation
- Approximate location: country, region, city
- Main Language of the browser being used
- User Agent of the browser being used
We do not collect data that can identify you, unless you fill in a contact form on the main site or are a registered user of Maxexam or Maxcourse. All data is held on European servers.
How do I turn cookies off?
Most browsers will allow you to control whether or not they accept cookies. Instructions for configuring cookie settings in some of the most popular browsers are available from these pages:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.